A strategy for a sustainable mobility
Plastic Omnium has been helping to drive change in the automotive industry for more than 75 years. In a fast-changing industry, we are investing and exploring new ways to help our customers meet the challenges of sustainable mobility.
Our growth drivers
1. Reinforcing our product portfolio to grow our content per vehicle
- Reinforce our leading positions through innovation and excellence
- Develop new expertise to become a fully integrated body systems provider
- Address growing needs for enriched modularization
- Leverage our industrial footprint to access untapped markets and customers.
2. Generate new, profitable growth in EV mobility, connectivity and safety
- Become a complete provider of energy management systems, for all vehicles
- Enter new segments such as lighting or ADAS
- Develop system related software
3. Enlarge our scope to services arising from new mobility requirements
Such as recycling of products and materials, hydrogen and BEV fleet maintenance, refueling or charging stations, diagnosis systems…
Our 3 strategy pillons
Plastic Omnium's operational excellence is recognized by customers thanks to the high standards applied in its 150 plants in 28 countries. The Company's operational excellence has been further enhanced by two levers:
- the increasing digitalization of production tools, to enhance plant efficiency and reduce environmental impact. From operators to plant managers, the teams on site are reinventing the digital plant of the future every day, always with pragmatism and in line with Plastic Omnium's culture.
- OMEGA: launched in the first half of 2020, this is an international transformation project led to improve working processes to make even greater gains in agility and competitiveness. Contributions to the ultimate objective will come from several areas: digitalization, data management, collaborative and industrial processes. OMEGA is a cross-functional project managed by a dedicated multidisciplinary team and involving all the Group’s businesses.
Plastic Omnium has been at the forefront of the automotive revolution since its founding in 1946, making innovation a core component of its identity and DNA.
Through its stated purpose of "Driving a New Generation of Mobility", Plastic Omnium is committed to the technological transformation of sustainable mobility. The automotive revolution is creating new opportunities for innovation and growth by adding content to each vehicle in each of the Company's businesses, including function integration, aerodynamics, pollution control and clean energies, modularity and personalization, and design through lighting.
Today, the automobile is evolving in an open, fast-moving ecosystem. With the clean and connected car, on-board services and new electric propulsion modes, the clean car of tomorrow will mix diverse and complex technologies. To meet these new challenges, Plastic Omnium is leveraging open innovation, technology partnerships and investments in investment funds and start-ups. Basing on 43 R&D centers, the Group’s 2,900 engineers are helping to create the clean, connected car of the future, placing Plastic Omnium 8th in the INPI 2021 ranking of the automotive industry.
ACT FOR ALL : Commitment to sustainability
As the third pillar of Plastic Omnium's strategy, sustainable development is central to the Company's projects and operations. The position of Sustainability EVP was created in January 2021 within the Executive Committee. In response to climate and environmental challenges, Plastic Omnium has confirmed its commitment to being a key player in the automotive industry's energy transition by accelerating its sustainable development strategy. In December 2021, the Company unveiled its carbon neutrality roadmap.Discover