Over 75 years of innovation for mobility
Heir to a long family history and four generations of manufacturers, Plastic Omnium is the total embodiment of entrepreneurial passion. Our history is a continuing blend of entrepreneurism and financial rigor, of manufacturing and human challenges, with a single objective: to keep moving forward, innovating and driving revolution in the automobile industry since 1946.
A passion for enterprise
The story of Plastic Omnium is an industrial and human adventure, full of the spirit of entrepreneurism and innovation. Today, that story enables us to take on the latest technological challenges of the automobile sector with enthusiasm and ambition.
Find out about the innovations and major events that form our identity.
Keys dates of industrial and human adventure
- A new ambition for the Group's CSR strategy
- Opening of 2 new R&D centers, Ω-Omegatech (China) and Δ-Deltatech (Belgium), dedicated to new energies
- 1st international certification for a 700-bar hydrogen storage tank
- 1st contract for the development of 350-bar hydrogen tanks
Laurent Burelle becomes Chairman, Laurent Favre joins the group as Chief Executive Officer and Félicie Burelle is appointed Managing Director
- Plastic Omnium continues to expand through the acquisition of Varroc Lighting Systems (VLS), leading to the creation of a Lighting Division dedicated to a new lighting business for the Company.
- Plastic Omnium finalizes acquisition of 100% of HBPO, becoming HBPO Plastic Omnium Modules.