2020 Annual results
Profitability and free cash-flow back to 2019 levels as of 2021. Significant growth potential from electrification.
|Second-half 2020 results well above guidance
In the second half of 2020, EBITDA totaled €477 million (11.6% of revenue) and net income amounted to €152 million (3.7% of revenue).
Resilient performance in full-year 2020
– Economic revenue: €7,732 million down 14% at constant exchange rates
– Operating margin: €118 million
– Free cash-flow: €34 million
– Increase in liquidity to €2.6 billion
– Dividend: €0.49 stable compared with 2019
2020: Group transformation stepped up
– Launch of the Omega plan to transform and digitalize the Group
– Comprehensive product range in hydrogen mobility, with industrial capacity already installed
– 17% of revenue from electric vehicles by 2025, compared to 5% in 2020
Increased commitment to sustainable mobility
– Profitability (6% of revenue) and free cash flow (at least €220 million) back to 2019 levels as of 2021 and acceleration of the Group’s innovation strategy
– A world leader in clean, smart mobility through its position in electric vehicles and its ambitions in terms of social and environmental responsibility
“2020 was a year of great upheaval, which led to faster progress in the Group’s transformation.
Worldwide automotive production saw a historic decline in the first half of the year. The recovery in production will take place at a moderate pace over several years, with large variations between regions. With our adaptable, responsive teams, our good geographical balance and the increased efficiency of our operations, we will be able to rise to these challenges.
Technological changes had already started to emerge, and their pace accelerated, particularly regarding the shift to electrified vehicles. Today, we have the ability to innovate, a diversified customer portfolio and a solid financial position, enabling us to turn this disruption into growth.
Social and environmental matters are also a central concern in terms of our performance and strategy.
Our ambition of supporting sustainable mobility for the good of all our stakeholders is greater than ever.”
Laurent Favre, Chief Executive Officer of Compagnie Plastic Omnium SE
2020 Annual results presentation
2020 annual results report
To view the replay of the Webcast, click here