World leader in waste management: containers and related services.
The Eden project
Plastic Omnium Environment has worked closely alongside The Eden Project to design and develop an innovative recycling system to facilitate waste segregation at source.
By promoting and encouraging recycling through a series of individual selective collection banks, the "Next Generation Recycling Station” has been created.
Designed-in features take into consideration the needs of the user:
- inclusion of Braille text for the visually impaired,
- distinctive colour co-ordinated panels (identified by WRAP for the Recycle Now campaign) incorporating representations of materials to be collected in each container, together with universally recognized colour coded logos to assist in waste sorting,
- height enabling both children and disabled individuals to easily use the system.
Educating people and reach "Waste Neutral"
To further enhance the image of sustainability, a ‘Waste Neutral” programme has been devised at Eden, to communicate, educate and pursue best practice in waste management, minimisation & recycling. This is a new, ambitious concept and adds a new angle to the waste debate, based on:
- reducing waste streams,
- re-using items as well as sourcing all remaining items, wherever possible, from materials that can and will be recycled, adopting a policy of purchasing items that are made from recycled materials.
Lid / Chute
- Lifting lid to allow waste to be deposited, whilst reducing water ingress and odours.
- Lid can be personalised with embossed information, braille or stickers for waste identification.
- Corporate branding and waste stream information stickers to be mounted.
- Option for panel to be backlit with low voltage lighting and solar power supply.
Waste stream identification
- Clear panel fitted with security screws, showing sample items of waste to be deposited.
- This can be removed to allow waste samples to be updated or replaced.
- Foot pedal system to operate deposit chute, preventing the user touching the waste area.
- 140L with lid allows large volumes of waste to be collected and manoeuvred.
- Internal steel base plate to support container and linkage system Ground fixing options including concrete ballast or pavement fixing bolts.
- 1/4 turn cam lock for high security, yet simple operator use.
Colours are intended to follow, as closely as possible, the guidelines outlined by WRAP for the Recycle Now scheme.
More details can be found at: www.recyclenowpartners.org.uk.